The aim of the HIPPOCAMPUS project is to develop and implement an appropriate yoga-based approach to bring the benefits of yoga to young people in situations of disadvantage.
Aspects of innovation:
- Inclusivity, disadvantaged as part of the whole.
- Varied youth environments, not just schools.
- Holistic, including whole organisation.
- Support app for home practice, sustaining the benefits.
- The Hippocampus programme – collection of documents that give full picture of the programme , so as to enable others to implement it.
- case studies
- session plans
- strategic advice
- other tools (resources and infographics)
- The mobile app – integral part, supports home practice
- record and share their progress,
- exchange experiences,
- access resources
- receive updates and suggestions, such as daily postures and exercises